We are all looking for ways to make extra money. Unfortunately, we live in a world where everything cost money, it’s hard to get money, it’s hard to save money.
I’ve got 10 Ways to Make Extra Money That You Might Not Have Thought Of… and a few you might have but have been too afraid to try.
- Rent it out- Did you know, there are people who are willing to rent your car, your tools, even your garage? Get connected with a company called Zilok. You list what you’d like to rent out and they put it up for potential renters. You decide on an agreed amount of time and then Zilok gets you paid extra money!
- Share your opinion- There are companies out there just waiting to hear what you have to say. You may be interested in doing surveys, or joining focus groups to earn extra money. The work isn’t always consistent or based on money; some survey companies pay you in gift cards and things of that nature. For a list of focus groups in your area go to FindFocusGroups.com.
- Consult- Are you skilled in a certain area? Have a business or finance background? Why not start freelance consulting to earn extra money? A company called HourlyNerd will connect you with companies of all sizes to offer consulting.
- Sales- You may not be a salesman, or want to be, but joining multi-level marketing companies can actually make you money; you just have to do it right. Companies like Avon, Beachbody, and Usborne books will give you free or product discounts AND commission just for joining their team. You don’t need to be “salesy”, you just need to use the products and be willing to share your experience with other people in person and/or on social media. It’s a great way for stay at home moms, college students, retired people, etc. to earn extra money.
- Affiliate Marketing- See previous post about how to earn extra money with affiliate marketing.
- Drive- Heard of Uber? Lyft? It’s easy to become a driver for these companies. You get to set your own hours and who/where you want to pick up. Some Lyft drivers average $35 an hour. You could be earning extra money on your way to and from work and on lunch breaks.
- Be an Online Juror- Did you know that law firms will post cases (that haven’t made it to court) online for juries? They do this to get a feel for how the “common person” might react. Check out Online Verdict for more information on how to make extra money as an online juror.
- Mystery Shopping- I know I know, there are a lot of scams out there. It’s something to be on guard for, but there’s an app for that. iSecretShop is a secret shopper app that will make mystery shopping an easy, safe way to make extra money.
- Run Errands- TaskRabbit is a company that connects taskers with people who need tasks done. You simply sign up, chose the task, complete it, and get paid. Definitely something I’m willing to try. It would be amazing to be paid to shop!
- Ask!- Don’t be afraid to ask for that raise, ask for bonuses, incentives, more PTO, etc. If you’re a good, hard worker, you shouldn’t be afraid to ask for the things you want!
Photo: Getty Images
Resource: Daily Worth